My Annie (+) occassionaly sneezes, but I have put it down to dust, especially
because he sneezes when the furnace kicks on.  Usually 2 or 3 times and then no
more.
You say heated area is 9' x 9', is he not allowed the run of the house?  Annie
usually starts from the east end and slides into the west end.  In fact, they
all love that or they leap to the back of a chair, rocking it back and forth.
my Harley has been frustated because I won't let him out in ran, snow.  When I
do let him out, he turns around or doesn't go out at all because he realizes it
is WET out there.  When this happens, he starts pouncing on the others and
slinks away to bed because they do not want to play.