I would like to sincerely thank you all who sent condolences on my loss of Brock, and showed so much compassion and support. So many kind words! Brock was my last FeLV+ cat, and now his (and Harley's and Milkdud's) garage domain feels so empty and quiet. The toddler slide I bought for Brock sits unassembled. I had to buy mouse traps for the first time since 2009 (caught 2 since Brock died). "The Sound of Silence" performed by Disturbed has become their memorial song. The main house, however, is not so silent. 11 cats remain (1 for not much longer), and a few of them get pretty chatty. LOUDLY chatty. :-P

All those who care for special needs cats are the bravest of the brave, and anybody (ESPECIALLY a therapist or counselor) who gets judgey about it - well those people can just go stuff it.

Marsha

(who looked for compassion and support in the wrong place, but found it here, with people who understand. Again, thank you so much.)