Sorry Bob - honest mistake. I am working on a case right now, going to trail in
a few weeks, and one of my two clients is Brian. "Brian" on the brain. My
apologies!

-----Original Message-----
From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of ROBERT
CHAPEL
Sent: October-17-17 4:04 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Cc: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: Re: [Felvtalk] Zorro and " Brian"

Ken....
It is so terrible how quickly Felv can steal a cats life...but it's so great
that you gave that little guy the love and attention I SO wish could/would be
accorded every deserving animal ( read...ALL)... my cat Jelly was a strapping
tiger stripe one month with perfect blood work and three weeks later he was
dead.... I'm still wrestling ( and always will) with when is the right time to
put a kitty down and I'm leaning now toward sooner rather than later.... We get
so attached to our little guys and girls that parting from them seems
overwhelming... but the fact that they are still eating and perhaps purring
from time to time doesn't really tell us their level of discomfort...  I know
that, for me at least, I'd rather be gone than be maintained on pain medication
and bed ridden ( as is the case for most hospice people and animals) I let my
boy Gilbert linger too long, I think, in retrospect because he was eating
well... but the rest of the time he literally slept and often hid out.... I'm
thinking that the next time I have a cat that is hiding out more than laying
out in the open i will use THAT as the sign that quality of life just simply is
no longer there....  When a cat feels disabled enough that he feels vulnerable
exposed ( and you KNOW that he has a serious disease that is not going to
improve) it's probably time to let him go....  Yes... I wish he could have told
me... but... that's OUR job at this point......  After three deaths I'm getting
a little sharper about how much of keeping them alive is for me and how much
for them.... Often FeLV takes the decision out of our hands and claims them so
quickly that we don't have to pain over this..... a mixed blessing to be sure.
BTW...Amani...   I am fond of the name Brian but my parents named me Bob
: )

Bob