Hi again Theresa,

I am not understanding the circumstances.  Was the cat left at a vet clinic?
Is your daughter’s friend adopting him?  If so, send the toys along with him to
his home.
If he seems OK health-wise, other than testing positive, he could live for
years and be happy and a wonderful companion.
Also, sometimes there are false positives on tests, so usually a second test if
done or a different type of test, like an IFA test.

I guess to clarify, for the virus to be transmitted through the cats sharing
food or mutually grooming,
it would be after a long period of time where the cats are in direct contact
with each other.
And even then, the chances are on the lower side.  As Amani said, her cats have
lived together for
years with no transmission.

I think keeping him separate since he will be with you for just the week, and
doing the basic hand washing, etc like i mentioned,
should suffice.  I tend to be a worrier regarding germs, viruses, so am
probably more cautious in general.

Shelley