From: Felvtalk [mailto:felvtalk-boun...@felineleukemia.org] On Behalf Of
Jennifer Stertzer
Sent: March-25-19 3:04 PM
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Subject: [Felvtalk] Abram and FELV

Hello,  We are in the midst of dealing with a FELV outbreak in our household.
Several months ago, we learned our new kitten was FELV positive; however, by
that time three other cats had been infected.  Since Feb., we have lost two
cats and the third is not doing well.  I have been reading the mail archives
and have shared info with my vet, but I am now at a loss about what net steps
to take.  At the beginning of March, Abram started to act differently - not
interested in food (which is unusual), lethargic, and skittish.  We took him to
the vet and discovered he also had a fever.  The vet gave him an injection of
Convenia and put him on Onsior.  He did start eating again, but remained
lethargic and skittish.  We took him back to the vet last week for blood work,
which all came back fine.  He also still had a fever so he went back on Onsior.
 I should also mention that we started him on Interferon in mid-March and just
started his second 7-day treatment.  His symptoms remain - lethargic, skittish,
and feeling slightly feverish.  I called the vet today and the only thing they
can think to do is another injection of Convenia and round of Onsior.  The vet
said that most likely this all relates to FELV and ultimately there’s not much
to be done.  Of course, I don’t want to believe that.  Has any one else had a
FELV cat with persistent fever?  Can T-CYTE be used in conjunction with
Interferon? Any ideas?  We just can’t bear to lose another one of our loves to
this.  Thanks in advance for any ideas.  Best, Jennifer