Hello,

Our vet sent a sample of my cousin Tom's FeLV cat Baby (*) to Scanelis in
France to determine her viral load -and the news was good! She is found to
have a very low viral load, 8.77 x 103 per 2.5 microliters of blood
examined.

This is encouraging as, first, it matches her absence of symptoms, and it
implies that she can have a dental now while she's still pretty healthy.  If
Tom can keep her teeth/gums healthy, perhaps stomatitis can be avoided.

Scanelis also noted that in spite of her low viral load, immunosuppressive
drugs should be avoided.

(*Baby stays with us when Tom goes away.)

Thanks,

- Lorraine