Hello everyoone,I have a 12 year old former feral who was diagnosed with hyper
thyroid yesterday.  Herm level is 4.7 and she is one meds, 2.5mg of Felimazole
morning and evening.  I had one cat about 10 years ago that we did radioactive
iodine.  the isolation was very hard on her and she went downhill after she got
home, bleeeding from nose, etc.  don't really want to repeat that.  Homey is
especially bonded with me and has been my caregiver since my heart surgery.
she has alerted me to one time of gasping for air in the night and 3 instances
of low sugar.  she sleeps plastered to my chest and when she is on my lap,
holds on to me .  I am very attached to her and do not want to loose her so am
hoping meds work.  my question is:  does anyone know of alternative or better
ways of treating this?