treating with Doxy to be on safe side is good.  I have learned is best to be
safe.
----- Original Message -----
From: Lorraine Johnston <johnston1...@comcast.net>
To: felvtalk@felineleukemia.org
Sent: Thu, 02 May 2019 12:13:14 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [Felvtalk] Baby's other bloodwork - also good news :)

a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
        {mso-style-priority:99;
        color:purple;
        text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
        {mso-style-type:personal-compose;
        font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
        color:windowtext;}
p.yiv8235916560msonormal, li.yiv8235916560msonormal, div.yiv8235916560msonormal
        {mso-style-name:yiv8235916560msonormal;
        mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
        margin-right:0in;
        mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
        margin-left:0in;
        font-size:12.0pt;
        font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
        {mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
        {size:8.5in 11.0in;
        margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
        {page:WordSection1;}
-->Hello again, Here are the results of my cousin Tom’s cat Baby’s traditional
(non-viral-load) bloodwork. Her anemia is gone!  This is VERY good new!  And
all the rest of her bloodwork is entirely normal. By all measures, it is better
than February’s was, done soon after she was bitten. I noticed when she arrived
here on 4/5 that she was FAR more active than in February, so I think she’s
feeling much better. But she tested positive via IDEXX’s RealPCR “fever of
unknown origin” for one subtype of mycoplasma – they are ubiquitous (soil, etc)
and some subtypes can cause anemia. Unfortunately that IDEXX test can find the
mycoplasma DNA/RNA, but can’t tell if she’s just getting it, or did have it and
is recovering.  The options were to treat her, else repeat bloodwork in 1 month
to see if it’s gone. But because her FeLV status can make her more vulnerable
to not being able to fight off infections, it seemed sensible to go ahead and
treat her. So she’s getting doxycycline for 28 days.Baby is back home now and
loving life. (-:  Best regards, - Lorraine