Hi,

Let’s hope he seroconverts to negative, eh?  But just in case, you might want
to discuss oral dosing of human interferon alfa (*) with your vet(s).  Here’s a
recent study showing some efficacy against feline leukemia virus:

An analysis of these findings can be seen here:
http://fivtherapy.com/fiv_news.htm

The oral dosing must be given withOUT food.

(*Human interferon alfa, if injected into a cat, will eventually cause a
serious allergic reaction.  Oral dosing does not appear to have that risk.)

Also, some rescue groups are using RetroMad1, an antiviral developed in
Malaysia, for FELV cats with some success. You can email me privately for the
email address of a rescuer who is willing to discuss this therapy with others.

The eosinophilia could indicate an allergic response. In some cases it can
indicate intestinal parasites, though I believe that finding is more common for
reptiles than mammals.

Best regards,

- Lorraine

"Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no
one can imagine."  - Alan Turing

. . . . . . . . . . .

Hello!

Here I am again with another felv kitten rescued.

Fortunately, this time it's not a sick kitten. We test all rescued kittens and
this one tested positive for felv.

I was searching archives but i didn´t find anything for asymptomatic kittens.
Do you have any suggestions?

He is about 5 or 6 months, was spayed some weeks ago, his weight is increasing,
good coat, active and playing. He had a scratching neck injury but is already
much better.

Blood work showed eosinophilia (because of neck inflamed skin maybe?),
everything else normal.

We will test him again in few weeks. Any advice until then?

Thank you very much!

Patrícia

Santos/SP/Brazil