Joan,
I don't know what the thickening of the intestines is from, but I would really be concerned about Roxie not eating for a week.
Hepatic Lipodosis can result frequently from a cat's failure to eat and w/out immediate intervention, ie: a feeding tube, it is often fatal.
I've seen this happen too many times to cats at the shelter. And often by the time the cat starts to "look" ill, the disease is well progressed & often irreversible.
Knowing that her stomach is "empty" & she hasn't eaten for a week I would waste NO time in getting her back to the vet for a thorough evaluation.
In the meantime, do you have any AD or nutrical on hand that you can force feed her???
Not trying to scare you, but Roxie can literally die by refusing to eat. It's a VERY serious issue.
Patti