Is thickening of the intestines indicative of IBD?  I have no idea, Joan, but she has to eat.  The fatter/bigger cats are more likely to get fatty liver disease faster than 'normal sized' cats.  I don't remember what the association there is.  My cat I lost from fatty liver disease was a huge cat, and he didn't go long without eating before it was too late to save him with a feeding tube.  I don't know if iv feeding (is it just lactated ringers?) prevents fatty liver disease. Fingers and paws crossed for Roxie.

tonya

Joan Doljan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Roxie is a young cat I took from the shelter about 3 weeks ago.  She did fine at the shelter and was not caged.  She came into the shelter with another cat who was adopted. She has been at the shelter for about 2 months.  All of a sudden, at my house, she stopped eating.  Her blood work is normal, but her x-ray shows a thickening of the intestine.  I did a berium (sp) x-ray and there is no indication that she swallowed anything.  She has had 2 steroid shots, fluids, intravenous feeding and there is no food in her stomach and she shows no interest in eating.  She does not act or look ill. She is a big cat and looks normal and healthy.  She has not eaten now for over a week.

Thanks,

Joan