Thanks, I take that as a compliment.  I have trouble writing shorter stories
that I feel work and can stand on their own.  By the time I'm done writing a
story I'm often thoroughly disgusted with it (or ambivalent at best) and have
to take some time away from it to recover any sense of perspective, but I was
kind of fond of this story after I'd written it.  I was afraid that that was
some sign that everyone else would hate it; I'm glad I was wrong and some
others out there seem to have enjoyed it. ^_^

Again, thanks.  Though I'm not sure I'd describe the story as deep.  Thanks for
saying so, though.

- The Kettle