Anton Khirnov (12023-01-27):
> Useful when there is some external process that determines canonical
> frame synchronization. E.g. the framerate conversion code in ffmpeg CLI.
> ---
>  doc/filters.texi        |   6 ++
>  libavfilter/framesync.c | 121 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
>  libavfilter/framesync.h |  11 ++++

I agree with Paul, this looks like an instance of a XY problem
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_problem>.

framesync generates output based on its input. Therefore to force
timestamps on output frames you need to force timestamps on input
frames.

And serializing timestamps in decimal in a giant string with newlines in
it: definitely no.

--
  Nicolas George