Anton Khirnov (12023-01-27):
> This is not forcing timestamps on output frames. This is solving the
> general problem where the correct matching of input frames is determined
> by some external logic. The specific case that is of interest to me is
> where this logic is the ffmpeg CLI framerate conversion, which allows
> framesync to accurately match videos processed through it. But I can
> imagine other cases where this would be useful.

You are explaining nothing that was not already present in the commit
message, and my interpretation is still: you are engaged in a wrong
solution and are trying to make it work, i.e. XY problem
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XY_problem>.

Just force the timestamps to the input of framesync filters and you will
get what you want on the output.

> > And serializing timestamps in decimal in a giant string with newlines in
                                  1            2     3           4
> > it: definitely no.
> Why not?
> 'No' with no reasoning and no suggested alternative is not much of an
> argument.

There were four arguments.

--
  Nicolas George