Anton Khirnov (12023-01-31):
> Do you?
>
> You keep implying in your emails that you are the authority on lavfi,
> but I see no objective support for this claim. MAINTAINERS only lists
> you as the maintainer for graphdump.c and two filters.
> And taken e.g. by the number of commits touching libavfilter/, mine is
> similar to yours, and both are far behind other people.

I know the code, how it works.

I know how the code needs to evolve to achieve new features without
breaking existing.

I review and apply patches to fix bugs when they come; fortunately it
does not happen frequently.

> Maybe someone should replace those tricky bits with something simpler
> then.

Yes, do that, and I will laugh. The code is tricky because the needs are
tricky. “Something simpler” is precisely what came from libav and I
needed to fix a decade ago.

> Ah yes, preventing one person from enforcing his opinion over those of
> multiple other people is "authoritarianism". I don't think that word
> means what you think it means.
>
> So take your pick - either stop opposing this patch or we have a vote
> over it and see what other people think.

Go ahead, have a vote.

I no longer care. If it goes against me, that will make one less thing
to consider my responsibility.

We should never have asked ourselves “how should we change to entice
forkers back”, we should have asked “how must the forkers change if they
want to be accepted back”. You did not change.

--
  Nicolas George