Anton Khirnov (12023-01-31):
> I still see no objective facts supporting your claim of exclusive
> maintainership over the entirety of lavfi generic code and public API.

The fact is very simple: I am the only one who understand how this code
works.

> So to avoid any further pointless bickering, I'm hereby asking the TC to
> resolve this.

Just so we are clear: you are a party in this, you can therefore not be
a judge.

> To summarize my view, this patch is an improvement because:
> * it prevents filterlink internals from being visible in a
>   public header, where they have no business being
> * it is a step towards hiding more of lavfi internals from public
>   headers
> * the same pattern is already and ever more widely used in the other
>   libraries and ffmpeg CLI
> * it is supported by Andreas (who submitted a more general analogue of
>   this patch over a year ago) and Paul
> * I am not aware of anyone other than Nicolas being against it

It is a worsening because:

* It requires the developers to remember which field is public and which
  field is private, which is not something relevant here (is is relevant
  elsewhere).

Of course, if you think about it two seconds, you realize it affects the
person who knows the code very well and used/wants to work on it
intensively more than the developers who move from one part of the code
to another and have to re-learn everything. But thinking two seconds how
your changes affects other people does not seem like your forte either.

Therefore, I add this point:

* If this change is applied, FFmpeg needs to find somebody else to
  maintain the core of libavfilter. (And I predict you will not.)

--
  Nicolas George