Rodney Baker (12023-04-28):
> I'm not normally a reviewer, but I noticed a few minor grammatical things
> that
> stood out - hope this is OK.

Thanks, it is absolutely useful.

> Nit - s/compating/comparing/

Fixed.

> > +**Note:** AVWriter is 8-bit clean, the strings it manipulates can be
> Use a hyphen or a semicolon rather than a comma after "clean".

After consideration, a semicolon would be too strong; a hyphen would be
strange, too literary.

> > +In mainstream C, a function that needs to return a string usually have two
> > +allocate the buffer themselves and return it. Both these options have
> > +drawbacks, which one is best depends on the circumstances of the caller.
> Semicolon instead of comma after "drawbacks".

Same here, I find a semicolon would be too strong.

> Drop comma after "circumstances".

Done.

> > +AVWriter also makes the work of the called function easier by providing
> > +convenient functions to append to the string that completely wrap error
> > +checks. Note that it only works for strings created as streams; functions
> > +that need random access to the string already built still need to manage
> > +their own buffers; some AVWriter implementations can still help for that.
> Full stop after "buffers" (instead of semicolon - you've already used one
> previously in the same sentence).

Disagree on this one: the last part should still be in the sentence that
starts with “Note that”. There is no problem in having multiple
semicolons to separate parts on the same level.

  Nicolas George