Rémi Denis-Courmont (12023-05-02):
> Please re-read the comments. You are totally misses the point.

I confess so, indeed, I completely failed to understand your point after
reading your comment multiple times.

> Well, I'll add myself to the already long list of people publicly objecting
> your patchset then.

I will read your technical comments then.

> > There is nothing about heap allocation in this code. And if code can be
> > in the framework common to all backends, then it is where it belongs,
> > not duplicated in each backend.
> This makes zero sense. Why the hell would you want to have more than one heap-
> allocation backend.

FFmpeg only provides one. Applications can decide to provide their own
if they want. That is the point.

> Well duh, I wrote the VLC equivalent years ago. And glibc or FreeBSD libc did
> them more than a decade before I did.

Pointer?

> And I decided to object to that on the basis that it's dumb and confusing.

The only thing dumb and confusing I see here is the mail I am answering
to.

> I think I was pretty damn clear and you are just deliberately making up
> reason
> to ignore other people's comments (not just mine).

Think what you will about me.

--
  Nicolas George