Tomas Härdin (12023-07-23):
> No to this entire patchset.

404 argument not found.

> Users can test libavradio's master if they wish. Do not assume merging
> this fork will happen, especially not without TC approval, nor that
> trying to sneak it in won't be noticed and opposed.

A striving Libre Software project works by compromise. I see no intent
of compromise at all in your position.

> Why would they package it when there already are mature programs like
> gqrx, dablin etc? Programs that feature separation of concerns. See for
> example hacktv which uses ffmpeg, libhackrf and libsoapysdr without
> insisting on being part of either

Oh, yes.

And these idiots working on the Linux kernel, why do they waste their
time when Windows and MacOS are excellent for everybody?

And the Vim team, do they not know that LibreOffice can do everything
better?

Why bother maintaining i3 and Fvwm when Gnome is so much better?

Why develop Perl modules? Python for everybody!

Seriously, if you have to ask, you are at the wrong place.

>            I know this because it's going to cause headaches for this
> project to care about maintaining compatibility with a fork that
> doesn't want to pretend it's a fork.

This is very dishonest. Maintaining a fork only causes headaches to the
people who do it, and you have made amply clear that would not be you.

In fact, quite the opposite, you were one the loudest demanding that one
of our most talented hacker waste his time on maintaining a separate
build system instead of doing creative and useful work.

I say: let us merge this fork that should never have been separate, for
the convenience of Michael and of potential users.

Then let us reaffirm that FFmpeg is a place for hackers to be creative
in the general field of multimedia, the place to foster new ideas, new
solutions, new ways of writing efficient code, rather than a wrapper
around other libraries and obsolescent native code for the convenience
of other projects and commercial companies.

--
  Nicolas George