Vittorio Giovara (12023-09-21):
> What about other developers' time for maintenance?

Yes, what about it?

How much time did YOU spend maintaining libavfilter or libavdevice?
Zero.

How much time will you spend maintaining SDR? Zero.

What does it change for you and everybody who thinks like you? NOTHING.

Michael wants to invest his time in a features that integrates
beautifully in FFmpeg and that some users are glad to expect. That is a
good thing.

People who are not interested in it but have no practical arguments
against it have absolutely no right to oppose or put so much roadblock
it becomes discouraging just because they would like it better if
Michael spent his time on things that they find useful rather than
things that he finds fun.

> And for users installing a library nowadays is a one liner, not really a
> big deal

Only if it is packaged by a distribution. I am guessing you are not
volunteering to package it yourself, so you are again proposing to waste
somebody else's time.

--
  Nicolas George