Rémi Denis-Courmont (12023-09-28):
> You can repeat the contrary as much as you want, we do not believe that your
> SDR code fits in FFmpeg. Why do you not understand this?

We understand that very well. Once again, it is you who do not
understand something: your BELIEF that SDR does not belong in ffmpeg is
nothing more than that, a belief, an opinion, and it weighs nothing in
front of the argument that some users want it.

> Like no, seriously. If you really want to generic support for AM and FM RX in
> FFmpeg, then you should use implement frontends for the already *existing*
> HAL
> (that would be V4L radio and ALSA on Linux), or perhaps, write a new user-
> space HAL library that would accomodate both hardware radio RX devices and
> SDR.

Did you miss the part where he explained he was not interesting in doing
it like that?

> In fact, the SDR code has quite a number of impediments that all but
> guarantee
> that it will not "catch on" in FFmpeg:
> - it requires niche hardware,

Like a few components of libavdevice, that is not an issue.

> - it only works on some limited set of OSes (if not only Linux),

Like a few components of libavdevice, that is not an issue.

> - it will be subject to all the FFmpeg processes and drama,

This problem does not come from SDR, it comes from you.

> - it will be obscured by FFmpeg's existing own fame, remaining an obscure
> feature set that hardly anybody outside FFmpeg-devel knows about.

Like a lot of features.

Scrapping the bottom of drawers for arguments are you?

--
  Nicolas George