Am 29.10.23 um 20:27 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Kempf:
On Sun, 29 Oct 2023, at 19:46, Thilo Borgmann via ffmpeg-devel wrote:
Am 29.10.23 um 18:56 schrieb Jean-Baptiste Kempf:
On Sun, 29 Oct 2023, at 18:20, Thilo Borgmann via ffmpeg-devel wrote:
In this case as well, I think you
should have transported your reasoning back to this thread on the ML -

It's actually in this very thread on the ML about the timing and prefering 7.0
over 6.1.

I even send a longer email to explain.

I wonder why you didn't say that one iteration back when I asked you
where to
find it. (Your answer was "at VDD & on IRC", just not to delete too
much history
here.)

Anyway, in this very thread (and in the Release 6.1 thread started from Michael
before this thread of Lynne) I can see exactly 3 prior mails from you.

Mail are not just from me, but about me.

Quoting the mail that supposedly quotes me:
"6.1 opportunity is gone.
  We're too late on the schedule, and noone had time to work on it, so it is wiser
to target 7.0 in January"

I think it's very clear about "opportunity" and "late on the schedule" and what
they mean.

You decided then it was not clear and "unsubstantiated", and therefore that my
opinion had no value, so I had to expand on it.

I did not.

So, I spoke about it at VDD, several time, on IRC and it refers to me on this
very mailing list.

And instead of asking me to clarify, you started to say that my opinion had no
value, and then attacking me.

Asking for clarification is exactly what I did by asking you where to find your elaborations. You are attacking me here.

-Thilo