On Tue, Feb 20, 2024 at 09:22:57AM +0100, Anton Khirnov wrote:
> Hi,
> in the 'avcodec/s302m: enable non-PCM decoding' thread it became
> apparent that there is wide disagreement about the interpretation of
> this line in the TC rules:
>
> > If the disagreement involves a member of the TC, that member should
> > recuse themselves from the decision.
>
> The word 'involves' in it can be intepreted a variety of very different
> ways, to apply to TC members who e.g.:
> 1) authored the changes that are being objected to
> 2) are objecting to the changes
> 3) have any opinion on the changes, either positive or negative
> 4) have previously voiced an opinion that would apply to the changes
> 5) authored the code that is being modified
> 6) have a financial or other similar interest in a specific outcome of
>    the disagreement
>
> I believe the best way to address this is to make the rule more
> explicit, so I propose that people with an opinion on the matter submit
> their preferred wording, and then we can have the GA vote on it.

For the actual vote about changing the rules and the discussion of it.
Each option should provide a patch.
Otherwise you could have a whole new discussion after the vote how
to turn it into a change to the rules

thx

[...]

Dictatorship: All citizens are under surveillance, all their steps and
actions recorded, for the politicians to enforce control.
Democracy: All politicians are under surveillance, all their steps and
actions recorded, for the citizens to enforce control.