On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 08:22:41PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
> Hi all
>
> As it was a little difficult for me to not loose track of what is
> blocking a release. I suggest that for all release blocking issues
> open a ticket and set Blocking to 7.0
> that way this:
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/query?blocking=~7.0
>
> or for the ones not closed:
> https://trac.ffmpeg.org/query?status=new&status=open&status=reopened&blocking=~7.0
>
> will list all blocking issues
>
> Ive added one, for testing that, i intend to add more if i see something
>
> What is blocking? (IMHO)
> * regressions (unless its non possible to fix before release)
> * crashes
> * security issues
> * data loss
> * privacy issues
> * anything the commuity agrees should be in the release

We still have 3 blocking issues on trac

do people want me to wait or ignore them and branch ?
Iam not sure when the exact deadline is but if we keep waiting
we will not get into ubuntu 24.04 LTS

thx

[...]

Dictatorship: All citizens are under surveillance, all their steps and
actions recorded, for the politicians to enforce control.
Democracy: All politicians are under surveillance, all their steps and
actions recorded, for the citizens to enforce control.