On 3/3/2024 4:35 AM, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

n Sat, 2 Mar 2024, at 23:55, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
On Tue, Jan 23, 2024 at 08:22:41PM +0100, Michael Niedermayer wrote:
Hi all

As it was a little difficult for me to not loose track of what is
blocking a release. I suggest that for all release blocking issues
open a ticket and set Blocking to 7.0
that way this:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/query?blocking=~7.0

or for the ones not closed:
https://trac.ffmpeg.org/query?status=new&status=open&status=reopened&blocking=~7.0

will list all blocking issues

Ive added one, for testing that, i intend to add more if i see something

What is blocking? (IMHO)
* regressions (unless its non possible to fix before release)
* crashes
* security issues
* data loss
* privacy issues
* anything the commuity agrees should be in the release

We still have 3 blocking issues on trac

do people want me to wait or ignore them and branch ?

I think you can branch soon.
However, those 3 bugs are quite important, tbh.

The side data bug depends on an AVOption change, which needs to happen alongside the major bump, and afair we wanted 7.0 happen after said bump.