On Sat, May 04, 2024 at 09:11:12AM +0800, flow gg wrote:
> I saw about comparing emails and gitlab/hub .., I did not comprehensively
> understand their advantages and disadvantages, but I want to say that I
> support it to change to gitlab/hub
>
> Simple reason:
>
> If you need to use git-send-email, I may not be able to submit any code
> If you do not need to use git-send-email, it is troublesome for the
> reviewer and the contributor
>
> In detail:
>
> I have tried git-send-email, but it failed. You can say that I am stupid,
> but I would say that this is because of various reasons such as my area and
> the network. It is really not what I can solve.
> Maybe I will spend a lot of energy trying it in the future, but this is
> because I have submitted thousands of lines of code. I don't want to give
> up. If it is from the beginning, it will cause abandonment.

if anyone needs to install get-send-email see:
https://git-send-email.io/

if you cannot use get-send-email. (misconfigured corporate firewalls?, north
korea?)
you can create patches using git format-patch
to turn the last 2 commits into patches
git format-patch -2

then attach the created files to your mail or 2 mails, or just copy and paste
them
inline into mails. Make sure your mail client doesnt do word wraping or
other whitespace "cleanup"

Thats all there is to it. get-send-email is recommanded (because its very
easy normally) but git will work perfectly fine without it

> Maybe I am younger here in FFMPEG. I have a lot of good young people around
> me. They all use github/lab by default, and there will be the same problem
> as me, resulting in abandonment.

if our guides about how to submit patches are bad, our guides need to be
fixed.

thx

[...]

Asymptotically faster algorithms should always be preferred if you have
asymptotical amounts of data