On 12.01.2018 12:16, Дмитрий Гуменюк wrote:
Hi
On 11 Jan 2018, at 09:20, Tobias Rapp <t.r...@noa-archive.com> wrote:

On 10.01.2018 18:18, Kyle Swanson wrote:
Hi,
For this to be a part of libavfilter the output needs to be more generic
than the just the Soundcloud format. If we want this to be generally useful
it should probably just output an array of floats between 0.0 and 1.0. The
consumer of this data (JS library, or whatever) can use this in whatever
way it wants.

I agree. If the BWF Peak Envelope output which was suggested in the other
thread does not match your demands and filter implementation is actually
necessary I would prefer if the filter would attach the RMS value(s) as frame
metadata instead of directly dumping to file. Frame metadata can then be re-
RMS values may be counted for several frames or only for a half of a frame
used by other filters or dumped into file by using the existing "ametadata"
filter.

This would be similar to:

ffmpeg -i input-file -f null -filter:a
"asetnsamples=22050,astats=metadata=on,ametadata=print:file=stats-file.dat"
/dev/null
I like this idea, but won’t asetnsamples affect performance by creating fifo
queue? And it may require some effort to parse long output

I added asetnsamples to define the audio frame size (interval of values from astats). You can reduce the number of lines printed by ametadata by using the "key=lavfi.astats.foo" option.

Regards,
Tobias