> On 15 Jan 2018, at 09:14, Tobias Rapp <t.r...@noa-archive.com> wrote:
>
> On 13.01.2018 23:52, Дмитрий Гуменюк wrote:
>> Hi,
>>> On 13 Jan 2018, at 01:37, Дмитрий Гуменюк <dmitry.gumen...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi

>>> I think output is now more generic and I got rid of long switch/case,
>>> thanks for support
>> Here is most recent patch, seems like all comments are addressed, did I miss
>> something?
>
> I still would prefer to have the value attached as frame metadata, then
> dumped into file via the existing "ametadata" filter. Even better would be to
> integrate the statistic value (if missing) into the "astats" filter.
>
> If your concern is the output format of "ametadata" then some output format
> extension (CSV/JSON) needs to be discussed for ametadata/metadata.
>
> If your concern is performance then please add some numbers. In my tests
> using an approx. 5 minutes input WAV file (48kHz, stereo) the run with
> "asetnsamples" was considerably faster than the run without (1.7s vs. 13.9s)
Hi
As I mentioned previously adding metadata to each frame is not possible
as value may be counted for several frames or only for a half of a frame

I used 2 hours long 48kHz mp3
https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/balamii/SynthSystemSystersJAN2018.mp3
For this purposes I set up CentOS AWS EC2 nano instance
Then I transcoded it while filtering like following (just to recreate real
situation):
1. -filter:a
"asetnsamples=192197,astats=metadata=on,ametadata=print:file=stats-file.dat"
out.mp3
2. -filter:a "dumpwave=n=192197:f=-" out.mp3
Results:
1. 244810550046 nanoseconds
2. 87494286740 nanoseconds

One of the possible use cases - to set up 2 chains of asetnsamples->metadata -
for example:
"asetnsamples=192197,astats=metadata=on,ametadata=print:file=stats-file.dat,asetnsamples=22050,astats=metadata=on,ametadata=print:file=stats-file1.dat”
 for sure it will affect performance
Comparing with "dumpwave=n=192197:f=out1,dumpwave=n= 22050:f=out2"