> > From my reading of this, the 'udta' atom can appear as a child of a
> 'trak'
> > atom, and can have an optional child 'name',
>
> Then why is it optional?

I've made this an optional movflag in attempt to be extra careful. I'm new
to this code-base and am err-ing on the side of caution. I'd be more than
happy to make it non-optional (perhaps by adding mode & MODE_MOV to the
conditional), but I felt more comfortable suggesting this patch as
functionality that would only take effect if you opted into it. Please
advise.

> Please do not top-post here, Carl Eugen

Apologies! Hopefully this reply is better (using gmail).

Thanks for the feedback!

-Courtland