On Tue, 23 Oct 2018, Henrik Gramner wrote:

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 3:22 PM Derek Buitenhuis
<derek.buitenh...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'd like to point out that this patch or some variant may be required anyway.

libx264 only uses strtok_r or strtok_s if available on the platform.

See:
https://git.videolan.org/?p=x264.git;a=blob;f=common/osdep.h;h=715ef8a00c01ad5a94de2b29a422429b9b1f0a53;hb=HEAD#l75

The real fix is to bundle a strtok_r implementation, or to just outright
require strtok_r/strtok_s. Sad, I know.

What platforms that x264 supports don't have it anyway?

Honestly no idea, probably something obscure.

Well, then maybe x264 configure should simply fail for those.

I pushed the patch, once the strtok fix is merged to stable and we know the build number, the flag can be re-introduced with an #if.

Regards,
Marton