> $ ffmpeg -f avfoundation -framerate 30 -s 1280x720 -pixel_format yuyv422 -i
> default -an -c:v libx264 -profile:v main -level 3.2  -preset medium -tune
> zerolatency -b:v 2000k -flags +cgop+low_delay -movflags
> empty_moov+omit_tfhd_offset+frag_keyframe+default_base_moof+isml -x264opts
> keyint=250:no-scenecut -pix_fmt yuv420p -r 30  -f mp4 -
>

> The above emits MOOF/MDAT atoms every 250 frames with a nice bitrate. The
> atoms are sent to stdout only upon completion, i.e. the whole 250 GOP is
> written at once. Is there any way to force buffers to be flushed more
> frequently without increasing the number of i-frames? I would like to start
> processing the data as soon as possible rather than having to wait for all
> 250 frames to be processed.

You are creating fragments at each keyframe (-movflags frag_keyframe). There
are other conditions you can use to create fragments, like -frag_duration and
-frag_size.

I don't think it is allowed for the moof to come after the mdat, so it's not
possible to start emitting the mdat until the moof is complete.