If you haven't already, I'd try pulling the up-to-date source and building that. AMD and intel CPUs differ, sometimes in strange ways, and a local-built version is often better than any downloaded one.

Also, have you tried capturing the stream directly into a file and using that for test? That would remove the UDP receiver from chain and allow some more off-line experimentation.

Unfortunately, I don't have anything else to add at the moment (but I'm really curious where this goes).

Later,

z!