Am 26.09.2019 um 23:06 schrieb Carl Eugen Hoyos:
Am Do., 26. Sept. 2019 um 21:13 Uhr schrieb Verachten Bruno
<gount...@gmail.com>:

I have different environments (X86, ARM, Jetson Nano) on which I'd like to
use hardware encoders and decoders if available.
I guess that I won't be able to use them if they have not been built in the
ffmpeg dependencies if I install a "generic" version.
Will the configure command autodetect what it should build, or do I have to
know my hardware before launching configure with specific options?
I have read https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/HWAccelIntro but it's not clear to
me yet.
Is there any way to have ffmpeg list what it has "found" on my system?
Do I have to launch a series of commands with the different accelerators
that exist, and see the output?
Are you searching for this command?
$ ffmpeg -hwaccels

From the documentation:
"-hwaccels   List all hardware acceleration methods supported in this build of ffmpeg."

Does that mean
a) List all hardware acceleration methods supported in this build of ffmpeg, regardless if the hardware is really built into this computer, or does it mean b) List all hardware acceleration methods supported in this build of ffmpeg and this hardware is really available in this computer?

Michael