FFmpeg core contributors:

You are aware that the FFmpeg project includes rude and hostile behaviour. Some you direct at each other, but some you direct at newcomers. I received some when I first attempted to contribute to ffmpeg. I have seen some on the ffmpeg-users and ffmpeg-dev lists.

Case in point: On 2020-02-29 17:27, the very perceptive Mark Filipak wrote:
> I would like to donate documentation work, but there's issues:
> …2, I fear that asking questions here will aggravate folks…
> …3, … perhaps I can get guidance without resentment.

This behaviour has consequences. It makes possible contributors less likely to turn their good intentions into patches to the code and documentation of ffmpeg. The next time you core contributors ponder how to improve this project, and to get some of its load off your shoulders, you might want to consider that.

Best regards,
     —Jim "I'm going to work on something more gratifying than an ffmpeg patch this afternoon" DeLaHunt

--
    --Jim DeLaHunt, j...@jdlh.com     http://blog.jdlh.com/ (http://jdlh.com/)
      multilingual websites consultant

      355-1027 Davie St, Vancouver BC V6E 4L2, Canada
         Canada mobile +1-604-376-8953