On 04/24/2020 11:30 AM, Edward Park wrote:
Hi,

I don't know if the decoder outputs 30fps as is from 24fps soft telecine, but if it does,
it must include the flags that you need to reconstruct the original 24 format or set it
as metadata because frame stepping in ffplay (using the "s" key on the
keyboard) goes over 1/24 s progressive frames, even though the stream info says 29.97fps.

I've seen the same operation frame-stepping via MPV. That fact, and assertions by the HandBrake folks that (at least from their perspective), the ffmpeg libraries (decoders?) work solely on frames -- at least, that's my interpretation of what they said.