Hi Moritz,

I don't have any good command line for find_rect handy, but it should
work with something like this (untested, of course):

$ ffprobe -f lavfi -i movie=input.mp4,find_rect=options -show_entries
frame=pkt_pts_time:frame_tags=lavfi.rect.w,lavfi.rect.h,lavfi.rect.x,lavfi.rect.y
 -of csv

In other words, let ffprobe show you each frame's metadata.

You can redirect this output, or have the logging write a report file.

Very good, that's exactly what I need. I did already make some tests with -show_entries before I posted this question. But I didn't know the names of the variables "lavfi.rect.x" and "lavfi.rect.y". Are these variables documented somewhere? Is there also a variable for the quality of the find_rect result, I mean the number that's compared against the detection threshold?

Michael