Am 29.06.2020 um 22:28 schrieb Moritz Barsnick:
On Mon, Jun 29, 2020 at 17:35:50 +0200, Michael Koch wrote:
Very good, that's exactly what I need. I did already make some tests
with -show_entries before I posted this question. But I didn't know the
names of the variables "lavfi.rect.x" and "lavfi.rect.y". Are these
variables documented somewhere?
Good point. It's not in the documentation, I got this from the source.
Apparently, the filter was designed mainly for use with another filter.

Is there also a variable for the quality of the find_rect result, I
mean the number that's compared against the detection threshold?
No, that value is not exposed.

(You could try modifying the source yourself, or, if you make a very
good point about it, make a feature request.)

Unfortunately I can't compile ffmpeg myself on my Windows system.
Ticket 8766   (I've also added some other things that are missing in the documentation)

It's important to also have the "best_score" value to the log file, because it contains valuable information about how reliable the x,y coordinates are.

Michael