I wonder if there was something in the wool you introduced that changed the
PH of the dyebath.  I know changing the PH will also change the color.
Perhaps the soap or detergent you used remained in the wool.

I had an interesting thing happen to such a dyebath some years back.  I
made it up and forgot it for several months.  When I went to do some
dyeing, the liquor was a pale, clear amber.  I thought, oh well, let's see
what happens and put in the yarn.  I left it a a while, I forget how long
but when I pulled it out it behaved like indigo, turning magenta as it
oxidized!!  I'd love to do that again sometime.  I got lots and lots of
color out of that dyebath, some turning deep red, some lavender depending
on the fiber.  It lasted a long time.

Leona

---
Leona Stonebridge Arthen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Worthington, Massachusetts/USA

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to