Okay, this is a test send to a comment to a discussion last week re: yarn
weights & Wensleydale.  Let's see if this one will post!

I'm guessing the term sport weight came from the idea that sweaters were
>originally sport clothing - golfing sweaters and the like.  I'm looking at
>my old pattern books from the 1920s and so, where sweaters were all the
rage
>for golf and they mostly, where they mentioned gauge, used a yarn that
>knitted up close to a modern sport weight.  In even earlier times, sweater,
>or jumpers as they were sometimes called, were known as casual or sport
>suitable clothing
>
>Watching the Wensleydale discussion with interest.  Is this to be the new
>sheep fiber craze of the year like Blue faced Leceister was a while back?
I
>also can't even picture a Wensleydale/Merino cross.
>
>Suzanne @ Fire Ant Ranch
>(anyone with sig line ideas?)

To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail  To restore send: set mail

Reply via email to