> The speed of the flyer is the important measurement. Is the AA rpm's the
> motor or the flyer. If it's the flyer that is pretty fast.
Uhhhh, ummmmm... I think it's the flyer itself that's proofed to 3600 RPM,
but I can ask him just to be sure. As I said it feels very fast to me, and
I'm not even working at the motor's full speed.
> Are the pulley sizes different on the two flyer assys. If so that would be
> the reason why he supplies two assys. It would make for different ratios.
Yes, the pulley sizes are different. And again, the flyer and bobbins are
also much smaller on the cotton flyer. When I was considering the purchase,
I did try to spin cotton on the larger wool flyer. The speed was fine but
the take up was quite aggressive even when I had it on the lightest scotch
tension settings possible. I guess that at those speeds, the wind resistance
and weight of the flyer and bobbins really make a significant difference.
Elaine
--
Elaine Benfatto, Cambridge MA
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.urbanspinner.com/
To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
with the message: set nomail To restore send: set mail