> Have any of you tried core spinning over elastic? I cannot imagine how you would accomplish this......... would you stretch the elastic, or feed it in while spinning? If you hold it back while spinning, I imagine you would get a nice boucle effect when it relaxes......... maybe not what you want in a sock yarn.
> Will I be finding bits of elastic in the laundry over time? Would it be > wiser to do it over something else - lycra thread (if such a thing > exists), maybe? I had some elastic thread......... just a fine thread of stretchy-something, that I used to knit into cotton ribbing on my knitting machines. I came across a spool of it the other day and wanted to see if it was still springy....when I pulled it, it came apart in little pieces, like over-cooked spaghetti (not that I have ever over-cooked spaghetti). I dread to think about all the garments that have that in the ribbing. I don't know what the composition was, but it was made to knit along with yarn. > I read an old Spin > Off article about making "stay on" baby booties If you knit booties that stay on, you would miss the opportunity to kiss baby toes as you replace the bootie. Robin Murphy, in the Northwoods of Wisconsin, where people stop wearing coats when the temperature goes above 30 F. [EMAIL PROTECTED] To stop mail temporarily mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: set nomail To restore send: set mail
