---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Our Daily Bread <donotre...@email.rbc.org>
Date: Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 1:04 AM
Subject: Who’s Watching You?
To: rustyrails7...@gmail.com

[image: Our Daily Bread]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYxNDY4NTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwNTU4MDEwS0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Story]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=18&ms=MjYxNDY4NTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwNTU4MDEwS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Who’s Watching You?

August 5, 2016
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYxNDY4NTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwNTU4MDEwS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Read: Psalm 34:15-22
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=7&ms=MjYxNDY4NTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwNTU4MDEwS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Bible in a Year: Psalms 68-69; Romans 8:1-21
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=9&ms=MjYxNDY4NTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwNTU4MDEwS0&mt=1&rt=0>
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=6&ms=MjYxNDY4NTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwNTU4MDEwS0&mt=1&rt=0>

The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous. —Psalm 34:15
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=16&ms=MjYxNDY4NTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwNTU4MDEwS0&mt=1&rt=0>

No matter where the athletes of the 2016 Olympics go in the city of Rio de
Janeiro, they can see Jesus. Standing high above this Brazilian city and
anchored to a 2,310-foot-high mountain called Corcovado is a 100-foot-tall
sculpture called *Cristo Redentor* (Christ the Redeemer). With arms spread
wide, this massive figure is visible day and night from almost anywhere in
the sprawling city.

As comforting as this iconic concrete and soapstone sculpture may be to all
who can look up and see it, there is much greater comfort from this
reality: The real Jesus sees us. In Psalm 34, David explained it like this:
“The eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are attentive to
their cry” (v. 15). He noted that when the righteous call out for His help,
“The Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is
close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit” (vv.
17-18).

Just who are the righteous? Those of us who place our trust in Jesus
Christ, who Himself is our righteousness (1 Cor. 1:30). Our God oversees
our lives, and He hears the cries of those who trust Him. He is near to
help in our greatest times of need.

Jesus has His eyes on you. —Dave Branon

*Sometimes, Lord, life seems out of control and I don’t know exactly which
direction to take. Thank You for overseeing my life and prompting me in the
right way through Your Word and Your Spirit.*

The Lord never lets us out of His sight.

*INSIGHT:* As a lone fugitive running from the jealous king Saul (1 Sam.
19:1-12), David took refuge in the Philistine territory of Gath. Not only
was it a foolish thing to do, it was also very dangerous. Gath was the
hometown of Goliath (17:4, 23). When the Philistines discovered he was the
same David who had slain their champion Goliath (18:6-7), they captured him
(21:11-15). Aware that his life was in danger, David feigned insanity,
foaming at the mouth as a sign of derangement (21:13). The ploy succeeded.
David was released, and he made his escape. In response to God’s
deliverance, David wrote Psalm 34 celebrating the God who answers prayers.
“I sought the Lord, and he answered me” (v. 4). Sim Kay Tee

Share With Your Friends
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=14&ms=MjYxNDY4NTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwNTU4MDEwS0&mt=1&rt=0>
Featured
Video
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=8&ms=MjYxNDY4NTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwNTU4MDEwS0&mt=1&rt=0>
[image: Our Daily Bread Ministries]
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=10&ms=MjYxNDY4NTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwNTU4MDEwS0&mt=1&rt=0>

Our mission is to make the life-changing wisdom of the Bible understandable
and accessible to all.

Our vision is to see people of all nations experiencing a personal
relationship with Christ, growing to be more like Him, and serving in a
local body of His family.

To read today's *Our Daily Bread* online visit www.odb.org
<http://links.rbcministries.mkt6605.com/ctt?kn=12&ms=MjYxNDY4NTgS1&r=NzgyMDAzNDM0MjcS1&b=0&j=ODYwNTU4MDEwS0&mt=1&rt=0>
.

Copyright © 2016, Our Daily Bread Ministries, Grand Rapids, MI 49555 USA.
Written permission must be obtained from Our Daily Bread Ministries for any
further posting or distribution.

Scriptures taken from Holy Bible, New International Version®, NIV®
Copyright © 1973, 1978, 1984, 2011 by Biblica, Inc.® Used by permission.
All rights reserved.

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED
---