*Faithful to the End*

The world will be watching with excitement tonight as 2016 Olympic Games
begin.  In the 1968 Olympic Games in Mexico, John Stephen Ahkwari of
Tanzania was excited. He was about to run the marathon with runners from
around the world.

The starter's pistol fired and the race began. A little over 2 hours later,
the first runner crossed the finish line. Other runners finished the race
shortly afterwards, but John was not among them. Over an hour after the
winner had crossed the finish line, with only a few spectators remaining in
the stands, John Stephen Ahkwari finally entered the stadium.

At the 19 km point of the 42 km race, he had been bumped by another runner
and had fallen hard on the pavement - badly wounding his knee
and dislocating his knee and shoulder. Bandaged and bloody, John finally
crossed the finish line. Bud Greenspan, the renown sports reporter, asked
John why he didn't just quit. He answered, "My country did not send me 5000
miles to Mexico City to start the race. They sent me 5000 miles to finish
the race."

John Stephen Akhwari did not receive a prize or a medal, but he did endure.
He didn't just start the race, he finished it. God did not call us just to
start the Christian race, he called us to finish it!

*"I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the
faith." (2 Tim 4:7) "But this one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and
straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize
for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." (Philippians
3:13-14)*

[image: InJesus] <http://www.injesus.com>

USE INCREDIMAIL ONLY IN THIS GROUP
NO NUDITY ALLOWED