> On Nov 29, 2014, at 8:08 AM, Thomas Tempelmann <tempelm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> If it's individual files you're handling on the server side, then a IOKit
> driver is the wrong way, as that's only good to handle block level drives, I
> believe. Instead, you'll have to implement a VFS (Virtual File System).
> Sadly, there is little documentation on that. And it's a lot of work, many
> weeks.
>
> A few pointers from someone who hasn't even accomplished that yet:
> - Read about VFS in old BSD documentations. You may even have to purchase a
> book on paper for that.
> - Read the code, i.e. get the Darwin source and look for any functions
> starting with "vfs_".
> - Look for open source VFS OSX implementations and study them.
>
> And be aware that since OSX 10.10 (Yosemite) you will need to have a special
> signing "KEXT" certificate from Apple, for which in turn you will need to buy
> the yearly membership. And if you have that, you may as well send a tech
> support request to Apple asking for pointers on this topic.
>
> Good luck!
>
> Thomas

Thomas is correct you need to write a VFS kext and will need to work with
Developer Relation to get your kext signed. You may want to check out the
source at "http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-108/“
<http://www.opensource.apple.com/release/mac-os-x-108/%E2%80%9C> There are
several file system kext list in that code. Just note this is not a  simple
task and will require a lot of time and work.

George