George,

Please write up a bug report. Please give a detail description of the
> functionality you are interested in and the options you think it should
> support. Apple is  always looking at improving the file system and will
> take a look at all suggestions.

I little guidedance would help. After all, Apple engineering has already
made a concious choice not to support a function any more that was
supported for more than 20 years. If I just say that I still think it's
useful for searching disks, then I don't think it'll make a difference
because someone has already decided it's not needed any more.

Shall I just re-iterate what I wrote in my previous post here?

Writing bug reports sucks also because we practcally NEVER get any feedback
- most reports just remain open forever, leaving us wondering what's going
on. That's the very reason why I post this here, in hopes to get some
answers, at least. Even if only to gather some understanding for the
current decision not to support seachfs any more, in order to put
counter-arguments into a bug report.

Thomas