Re:

> you're *always* encouraged to file enhancement requests, but it's worth
> noting that there are

In this case, without knowing what might be available, I'd hate to
file a request... I like being able to make a conjecture about the amount
of work a request can take (particularly if the result is "impossible" :)

It wasn't until you said

"there's no publicly supported way to get a list of all the volume UUIDs [...]
for backup disks, whether connected or not, whether configured to be the
current machine's backup disk or not"

which implied that such data *might* be available that I even thought of
enhancing my backup-helper utility to use that kind of information.

thanks,

Stan