----- Original Message -----
From: shAf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2001 6:31 PM
Subject: RE: filmscanners: Fw: Color Profiles for Scanners

> Rob writes ...
>
> > "photoscientia" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > > My understanding is that changing the so-called colour
> > space in Photoshop simply changes the embedded profile,
> > > without actually making any
> > > difference to the image data itself.
> >
> > Well, that makes perfect sense - as I understand it, the
> > profile is simply a
> > mapping between numeric values and actual colours.
> >

> I think you better examine the RGB pixel values before and after a
> profile-to-profile ...
>
> shAf  :o)

I think...
If you change the "so called colour space" or your working space, you will not change the pixel values. If you do "profile to profile" you will. If you use the color sampler tool to select points in the image, you can confirm this by doing a working space change and then a profile to profile change.

The original question was what to do with an untaged file from a scanner the outputs sRGB (as I recall). Simply convert it to your working space before editing.

Bob Wright