----- Original Message -----
From: Michael Moore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, January 11, 2001 10:45 PM
Subject: Re: filmscanners: Adobe Photoshop 5.5 or 6

> Are you trying to tell me I just parted with $300 for something I already
had?

No. There is a lot more to Photoshop than selection tools. I don't even know
if LE has color range or not, but I understand it does not allow access to
the separate color channels for editing.

Photoshop is such a comprehensive program that it takes some commitment to
learn it, even the capability that one person uses. I doubt that very many
users use the great majority of what it offers.

> "Robert E. Wright" wrote:
>
> > Suggest you investigate the color range tool under the select menu.
Normally
> > it works quite well on sky selections.
> > I don't know about Photoshop LE, but the magic wand has not changed in
> > several versions of Photoshop. The add, subtract, and exclude options on
the
> > new options pallete were available as hot keys.

anyway...