Dennis:

> I'm not a tech junkie, and my tools are not obsolete.

Forgive me, but Windows 98 IS obsolete. It's a piece of you-know-what.
Admittedly, it's not your fault that it took Microsoft until Windows XP to
get it right.

> ... if you can show me one thing that I need to
> do on XP that I can't do on 98SE, go ahead.

I can leave the PC running for weeks without rebooting. It NEVER crashes. It
can have transparent windows. And, quite importantly, it looks nice. I have
come to feel quite unconfortable with the old, old Windows look of the last
decade.

It can make good use of my dual-processor machine with 1 GB RAM. I need that
power to compile TGTools and compress video in the background ;=) ...
Windows XP lets me have dozens (sic!) of application windows open without
the slightest delay switching between them. And of course, without ever
crashing (I said that).

etc. etc. etc.

I just couldn't do what I do with Windows 98SE. It would be impossible.

Cheers,
Tobias