Midi out is hidden on the Audigy cards? Not on mine! Mine has a break-out box which sits in an available hard disk space and allows connections from the front as well as the rear.

The midi connections are the little circular ports and the board comes with adapters which have standard midi ports on one end of a 6" cable and the mini-din plugs on the other.

You actually have two sets of midi connectors -- the little ones from the front box and you can use the joystick-midi cable in the joystick port on the back for another set of connectors.

Plus you have internally 2 synths which use soundfonts (allowing for great customization and expansion) as well as a soft-synth.

I would urge you to look closer at the Audigy cards. I've been using one for well over a year now and have no complaints!

Carl Dershem wrote:

Hey, there.
My old (almost ancient, in computer terms)has finally given up the ghost, and I'm getting a new one.
The new PC comes with on-board sound, so I'm looking at sound cards,and would appreciate it if those of you with more recent experience than I (my old sound card was a Turtle Beach Daytone - more than a bit out of date) could make some recommendations.
What PC (not mac) sound cards have decent sound for playback,and reliable MIDI connections?
I've looked at the various Sound Blaster Audigy cards, and while they have decent specs, and would be very nice for DVD playback and the like, the MIDI out appears to be hidden. Any experience?

Thanks in advance,
cd

.

-- David H. Bailey [EMAIL PROTECTED]